Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year or so ago an alignment shop stripped two lug bolts on one hub and replaced them with metric ones without my knowing (the metric part). With some extra time I had today I figured I would replace them with the correct lug bolts, but after 20 minutes at the parts store searching through all the available bolts in the bin and through the computer I ended up going home to find that the only ones that seemed to work were in fact also wrong.

Has anyone with one of these aftermarket Granada power disc brake swap kits ever had to do this and found what the bolts are from? You would think that a mid-70's Granada would be it but they were way too fat. 68 Cougar, no; Mustang II, no; 76 Granada, no. Everything the guy and I tried was too big in diameter. I ended up choosing what happened to be some run-of-the-mill GM bolts, and they were too small.

Ideas?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
A friend bought a Rod & Custom disc kit for his Falcon, I believe he told me the rotors were Ranger pickup.
Just sayin':)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the heidt Mustang II it comes with ganada rotors. The lug studs are not .570 knurl in mine like listed in doormans catalog. The knurl on mine were .55? I turned down the knurl on the .568 lug studs. I think the Chinese must be making these rotors and disregarding factory specs. I used the arp studs for franklin style hubs. Knurl .568. They didn't work without modification .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts