Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I never thought I'd see the day, but it's time for me to sell my 68 Cat. :cry: I've desided that I don't have the time or the money to take care of her the way I'd like to so, I just wanted to get some suggestions on how much I should sell her for. I'll attach some pics for all to see.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
that is a nice clean 68.Sorry ta hear you have to sell it.I know i was that way when i had to put up the eliminator of mine..
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
I have seen them go pretty well on Ebay put it on with a reserve of like $6000 see what happens

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Nice Cat ! Do like Garey says and you should have no problem. But...... Consider this... you will be sorry when it's gone....my .02

Don

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
tell you what how about a dollar? i can come get it tonight! sorry couldnt resist but i would not think the 6000.00 would be over priced for it. try it on ebay go choice it gets lots of advertising if nothing else. but I want to tell you i also had a very hard time 3 years ago and almost sold both my 69 and 70. but i hunkered in and found other ways to get money i needed and kept the cars knowing i would never get them again for what i paid. here it is three years later and i still have them the bad times left and i still have them and glad as now the 69 is finally on its way to becoming a clone eliminator. Bad times come and go and sometimes selling the toy is an easy fix but one you regret soon after. Now granted i dont know your situation nor do i pretend to know only that i am sharing my own experience. hope you have good luck either way.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
In my experience, a 68 STD 302 car, based on what I see there will run around 3500-4000 US Dollars. It looks like a nice, un-restored, unmolested car. The tell-tale rust on the top of the innder fender apron is a turn off.

Unfortunately, there's isn't anything all that special about the car to warrant or command any type of a premium price for it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice looking car, but don't get your hopes up on commanding a premium price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts