Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got emailed the first copy of it. The printed copy and new door tag will be in the mail shortly.

Turns out my car had the Parchment Vinyl Roof as well. I never would have known that otherwise.

The rarest aspect of it is that it is 1 of 297 with these paint/trim codes.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see that it has the C4 Select-Shift Merc-O-Matic. I love the sound of that name.

Built on 1/05/67, 4 days ahead of schedule. That eliminates some of the doubts I had on what parts to buy.

Now I'm kicking myself in the butt for not ordering the original window sticker. I'll just have to do that separate now.

If you haven't done this for your car, DO IT!!! You may be surprised at what you find.

What dictates a "delux seat belt"?

:beer:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Marti reports contain just a wealth of information, I always enjoy looking at them.

And to add to the description of how to tell your car has deluxe seat belts: in addition to the chrome bezel on the buckles, they will be color coordinated. Also, standard cars with deluxe belts will also have the timed reminder/warning light. It's the lens below the RH turn signal indicator. Of course, XR-7s have this same light in the overhead console.

By the way, early '68 XR-7s had deluxe belts as standard, but they were made optional mid-year. Standard belts are entirely black, without the chrome bezels.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats on getting the Marti Report. I have been debating on whether or not to get the Elite report. I have a copy of the Deluxe report for my car and its a great source of information to have. Another source of information you might considering purchasing is a copy of "Cougar by the Numbers" (1967-1973) by Kevin Marti.

Glad to see we have another Cougar owner in the New Orleans area.

Scott
"70" Sunroof 351/M FMX

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,

She'll be on the road again soon in all of her multi color, ragged out glory. I am considering investing in a D/A sander and flat black primer for the time being until I know she is running reliable enough to warrant the body work, paint job, and emblems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts