Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to blow my own horn (although, if I could, I'd never leave the house!), but I put the Cat in it's first car show during Father's Day, and it won a trophy in it's class! It was the ONLY Cat in the entire show! (can you say 'rare'!?!?) They were giving away 3 trophies for the class I entered it in (Ford Muscle), and out of only 6 cars, I won one! At least I beat a Mustang! Hopefully, one of many to come this car show season!

John 2011-06-19_13-40-04_901.jpg 2011-06-19_17-51-20_546.jpg

·
Registered
210 Posts
Congrats! Nice to get a little recognition for all your work!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Where was the show at? Do you ever go to the Beloit Autorama? Its Sept 18th

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where was the show at? Do you ever go to the Beloit Autorama? Its Sept 18th
It wasn't far from you, at the Boone County Fairgrounds, in Belvidere, IL. It used to be a lot bigger, years ago. I guess the economy is taking it's toll on car shows!

No, I haven't gone to that one! But, if I'm free that weekend, I'll go! Thanks for the heads up!

I will be taking it to Kirkland's 4th of July car show on Sunday, the 3rd. Kirkland is only like 5 miles from me!

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
191 Posts
John, Congartulations on winning your first trophy. Your car looks great. In April my wife and I took home the trophy for favorite Ford in show. Its a nice feeling when your car gets picked, so enjoy!
:beer:
Steven

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Very, Very Cool!!!!! Makes ya want to go to more car shows huh? Some day I'll get there.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the well wishes! After seeing everyone else win at car shows, it's nice to have something that gets some recognition, and wins! That's one thing you can say about owning a Cougar, EVERYONE looks at you going down the road, and at the car show, everyone stops to look at it! It's a car you don't see many of!

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
23 Posts
mustang's big brother.jpg Congrats on your trophy!!! You deserve to toot your own horn in my opinion. Must feel wonderful to see people recognize your car for what it is. I especially like the fact that you beat out the mustang. (Don't get me wrong, I saw a '67 fastback cruising tonight that gave me goosebumps.) I just like when our cats are noticed over the ever so common ponies. Cougars are after all, "Mustangs Big Brother" as this 66 popular mechanics ad states:evil: Anyway Great job on the win and I hope we hear more tooting when you more trophies!!!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Congratulations John!

You put a lot of thought and work in there. Now is recognition time!

Enjoy

Jean

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Great job and great looking cat. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Congratulations, That is a very cool trophy. Hope you don't mind my putting a bigger copy here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats! Agreed, that is a pretty cool trophy. Now, if you ever sell your cat, you can advertise it as an "award winning show car"!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just happened to see this tab (I usually run 3 windows, and multiple tabs on my computer!), and I thought I'd update it. I've gone to two other car shows, but brought nothing home! The one in Kirkland, someone else brought in a '68 Cat, but he didn't win, either. We've had unusually hot weather, and with no A/C, and a black roof and interior, we didn't take the car out of the garage! Volo Car Museum, in Volo, IL, had a Mustang/Cobra/T-Bird car show, and I entered the Cat in there. Of course, only Mustangs, Cobras, or T-Birds won the event, but my Cat had quite a lot of people looking at her! One of the Mustangs in the show was simply beautiful! Although I was not a fan of the 'screaming yellow' color, for what he did (it should have been painted like silver, or aluminum color), but he fashioned it after the "REAL MUSTANG" (A P-51), with beautiful murals under the trunk lid, and hood, of P-51's fighting ME-109's, and FW-190's! There were even squadrons of B-17's on the hood mural! If I can figure out how, I'll paste the pics on here.

2011-09-04_12-56-50_203.jpg 2011-09-04_12-58-33_22.jpg 2011-09-04_12-57-19_994.jpg 2011-09-04_12-59-35_623.jpg

I don't know how many I can put on here, so I'll leave it at 4. If I can do more, I will.

I will try to go to a couple more shows before the end of the 'season'. I'll keep you all posted.

John

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Those are cool pictures on that car, the guy obviously knows a real good air brush painter!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats!!!! That is a cool trophy!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts