Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This passed weekend, I got the gas tank out and found a huge hole in it, so its gone. The fuel lines and carb were gunked up really bad too. So, I flushed out the fuel lines and rebuilt the carb and made a gas tank out of a sprayer tank. Hold on..this is just to drive it down the block in my neighborhood to see if the tranny and engine were any good. Anyway it worked (surprisingly without leaking) and I made the test drive. All gears shifted like a new tranny should. So now I pull out the engine and trans knowing it will be good to install later. A plus, the headlight covers closed confirming that the servo is in good condition. Might have a vacuum leak or the check valve faulty causing the lights to open when off. The rest of the electrics functioned well except the sequential tail lights, which just the inner lights flash and the middle lights BARELY flash and the outer lights just get hot not even glowing. The sequential relay may be the problem? Next thing to do is blasting and painting. http://cougarrestoration.weebly.com

·
Registered
316 Posts
A good feeling when you get them to move under their own power .

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Congrats Frankie - you got this monkey spanked before you got serious! LOL - No, you found out what was good ahead of time..... kudos to the worthwhile effort - it will pay off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts