Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It rained from the time I got out of my truck and stopped when I got home.This guy told me it was a "special" cougar but boy this thing needs ALOT of workI think parting is the way to go.But before I start pulling wrenches I will give you guys the VIN and see if this is a good find VIN 9F92M503096 .I will start the Invitory and see exactly how much I have.I did get a NEW original back valance under the bumper and 2 NEW rear wheel well trim.They are not for sale.mine is and paint free I stripped it all off so its ready to finish.If you want to get a hold of me send me a private e-mail here or my reg. its [email protected] rastro is George Jetsons dog/and I still dont get any post notifacation some day:( :(

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i dont even get them when i make a thread of my own. btw Dan, hows the center grill on the car? all perrty like? i hope so anyway.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
center grill

Its all there not broken the red on the Merc Guy is faded.Its not L .A .Chrome a little crusty but restoreable.Throw me a bone maybe I'll bite.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Here's a numbers breakdown for you:
9F - 1969
92 - Standard Convertible
M - 351 Windsor 4V engine
50396 - 50,396th car off the assembly line

While it is a standard, it is an M code, which is more rare then the 2V "H" code version. As a convertible, it should also be equiped with the decor package (nicer interior, rocker mouldings, hubcaps, etc.) Restoring it would depend on how rough it is and your ambtion. Floors, quarters, trunk, frame, etc. Watch out for the floors if they're too rusty - these cars tend to break in half when really far gone. Also, what kind of options does the car have on it?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know yet

When I got it home yeserday I was full of mud.So I tarped it.And today is freezing rain.Im still in the dethaw mode.I did see the rocker covers they look like flat stainless.Not the ribbed like the bullits I have

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
cmpcpro

How did you get a mercurycougar.net email address?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Left hand column on the home page, register for free e-mail.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thanks

Where would I recieve the emails?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Good question, anyone??

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I get mine...At the main forums page scroll all they way down.

Click on P.M.
Don

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
for the merc net email, you have to log into the email here, and then recieve them, unless you get it forwarded to your regular email :)

Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts