Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got some 2 chamber Flowmasters on my car. I talked the guy down to $200 for everything, installed. He was kinda pissed, but didn't wanna loose the business. I just noticed however one of them is facing the wrong way. The inlet is being used as the outlet. I have called people, and half tell me it doesn't matter, and the other half tell me it will be a little more restrictive.

Anyone know if it makes a difference? I don't really want to go back there again.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
maybe hes just trying to make an extra $30 to get you to come back so he can re weld it lol

·
Registered
519 Posts
Personally, that wouldn't fly with me and I'd have it fixed but if your not sure then think about this... There's a reason why they are designed with in and out.

I'd contact Flowmaster if there is still any question about it. :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know its not right, but I am wondering if it will hurt... I figured they just put those stickers on so incase someone bought that muffler off of their direct replacment list they wouldn't have the offsets backwards... I can see people doing that...

I don't want to go back, because they think it doesn't make a difference, so that will be a big hassle, plus then the offests will be wrong, and I'll have to get a new muffler, and because I got it done for $200 they won't be too happy doing it again... I was quoted $450 and $260 for the same job, the $260 was with our discount (We own a four wheel drive shop).

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Flowmasters

I had my Flowmasters put on my 72 XR-7 for $165 at Mieneke about 5 years ago. Dual exhaust. I think you paid too much!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went back today, and had them fix it, didn't really make a difference at all. Still loud as hell. :)

Chris

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
flows

They are directional because of the way they cancell the soundwaves of the exhaust note. They sound excellent, but the three chamber flows are considerably quieter than the two chamber model. I had a set of the single chamber flows on my 55 for a while, but changed them out for some sonic turbo's made by thrush. The turbo's are a lot quieter, and only about $15.00 from Jegs. Now my wife will actually cruise with me.

I'm thinking about putting the flows back on! (LOL)

The guy in Denison Tx. that does my pipes for me usually charges about $100 if you supply the mufflers to him, he does excellent work. All the dirt trackers and drag racers around the river area here that run mufflers do business there.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts