Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to fund more of my build, thankfully the expensive part is over.

Will sell cheap, just make an offer if you need anything.

Several extra gauges, cluster faces (XR7 and standard) and circuit boards, I think 2 red and one blue.

rebuildable passenger door hinges

parking brake pedal setup

vacuum tank

rear window tracks with regulators and all brackets

trunk lid hinges and tension rods

vinyl top molding, no broken or stripped studs

several quarter extentions

small sway bar

power steering center drag link

shock towers from 70, no cracks or rust

front turn signals

lots of stainless trim

lots of factory Cleveland engine parts, rods, cranks, timing covers, oil pans

driveshafts, 1 for FMX and one for C-6

automatic shifters and parts

Also have a brand new 16" electric fan that was run for all of about 5 seconds

Lots of other misc. stuff, feel free to ask.

I will start listing some stuff on Ebay this weekend if no takers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mike,

I am looking for the following:

Side Marker bezels (all 4)
Front Nose Grill
Front alternator bracket on a 351 Cleveland
Gas flap cover with running cat

Thanx,
Mike

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Mike337,

The marker bezels are available repro from at least two manufacturers (good and better).

The gas door box you seek can be made from a crest style box (paint background black) and a '69 headlight door emblem. This is what most people are doing that do not have Eliminators. The Eliminator doors that came on those cars are going to be both hard to find and expensive if you did find one.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob is correct if you are looking for 69 side marker bezels, but I don't think 70's are being repopped yet. I should also note that most all my stuff is from a 70, so certain things wont work on 69.

I will look through my corner marker stuff and see what I have if it is 70 that you are looking for.
I don't have a nose grille that is in very good shape
I do have the alternator brackets, do you need upper or lower, or both?

Bob is also correct about the fuel door. Best bet is a good crested one and swap the crest for an oversized cat like I did for mine. http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?48909-West-Coast-Cougars-new-fuel-door-trim-is-a-perfect-fit Plus if I had a running cat fuel door I wouldn't sell, lol

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to mention that I also have front and rear seats with tracks that need to be recovered

Both fenders

Door panels for standard in dark green, front and rear, not perfect, but good shape

tinted rear glass, both doors (bolt in) tinted drivers glue in and clear passenger bolt in.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bob is correct if you are looking for 69 side marker bezels, but I don't think 70's are being repopped yet. I should also note that most all my stuff is from a 70, so certain things wont work on 69.
Right you are Mike, forgot that your stuff was 70.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looking for a good rust free vaccuum canister for the headlights.

Ben 913-991-8881

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have any of the canisters, just the storage tank. I sent all of my canisters to Don a while back.

Andy, I think I am down to only 2 blocks. Both have been bored to .040 though, sleeves aren't cheap, but the 2 bolt I have would probably be good with just a honing if you would be willing to run .040. I did for a while and never had a problem with over heating. The 4 bolt I have was bored .040 but the walls are crusty. The other 2 I have are cracked.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bob,

Thanks for the info on the gas door flap. I am not trying to pass off an XR7 as an Eliminator as at least one member believes. I have a convert, and am just not a big fan of the crest, when a running cat looks so much better. I will try your suggestion of a 69 headlight door cat on the back.

Thanx,
Mike

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Bob,

Thanks for the info on the gas door flap.
My pleasure Mike.

I am not trying to pass off an XR7 as an Eliminator as at least one member believes.
Who thinks that? To begin with, the fact that you have a convertible should allay any thought of that.

I have a convert, and am just not a big fan of the crest, when a running cat looks so much better. I will try your suggestion of a 69 headlight door cat on the back...
Hmmm, never really thought about that. I'll have to keep it in mind for the "someday" when there is nothing left to do with my ECI odyssey!

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Bob,

Thanks for the info on the gas door flap. I am not trying to pass off an XR7 as an Eliminator as at least one member believes. I have a convert, and am just not a big fan of the crest, when a running cat looks so much better. I will try your suggestion of a 69 headlight door cat on the back.

Thanx,
Mike
I painted the background on my fuel door black, then epoxied a door panel emblem from a 70 standard (running cat in a rectangular frame) in place of the Lincoln-Mercury crest.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
mike,
do you know if you got the bumperettes from your parts car ?If so please let me know i`m looking for a pair for the front.
thanks
pat.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No bumperettes, sorry Pat

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I don't have any of the canisters, just the storage tank. I sent all of my canisters to Don a while back.

Andy, I think I am down to only 2 blocks. Both have been bored to .040 though, sleeves aren't cheap, but the 2 bolt I have would probably be good with just a honing if you would be willing to run .040. I did for a while and never had a problem with over heating. The 4 bolt I have was bored .040 but the walls are crusty. The other 2 I have are cracked.
Whoa, I forgot about this thread, and my question.
Can't do much with 040, man. I need all the 8k rpm stability I can gets.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Check the for sale section on the Cleveland forun Andy. Someone just recently posted up a block that was already machined for 300 I think. I believe he also had a standard bore block for 50.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
mike337 if you have a 69 , the markerlamp trim is still avaiable from ford, not cheap, but they are available

mike (70fastcat) what would you need to get for the c6 drivershaft? does it still have a trans yoke on it? justin

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I will sell all gauges seperately. I have a full set of standards with a working clock and partial set of XR-7. Make me an offer, you wont insult me.

Justin, it does still have the yoke on it, is balanced, and the proper length for your cat. Make me an offer, the tricky part will be the shipping.

Still haven't listed anything yet either, been too busy. May work on that a little over the next week while trying to prepare my taxes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts