Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the petrol station the other day, theres this really old looking Chev in desperate need of a respray, derust etc, but with a V8, and theres this really smart looking black [box shape] BMW, whole motorsport kit installed, mags, fat exhaust the whole story. The guy in the Chev finishes putting in petrol and slowly pulls out of the garage, no revving, just a steady roar. The beat of the V8 still echoing in my ears I watch the owner of the BM getting into his car, he revs it up, rev it some more and pulls off with a screech, no roar, just a screech. Now, to my mind, the chev might have looked crappy and the BM might have looked smart but there was no competition, that BM did'nt have a scratch on the V8, pity I was the only one there to chuckle at the BM's vain attempt to impress. Now if I had been in the cougar.......:D

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
its time like that when you have to say " heck i didnt like those rear tires anyways" and create enough smoke to choke anyone in a 1/4 mile radius. I love it when a rice rocket trys to impresss you and squeeks like a mouse pulling away. I like to pull up next to em down shift and let my pipes tell the rest. On a better note did that to one ricky racer about six months back in a honda scateboard and i must of made an impression saw him last week in a 69 dodge swinger. needs work but at least its in the right direction this time we waved at each other.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I rebuilt the engine in Cat II we went with a Comp Cams cam that is one step up from stock, fed by a Holley, and 3 chamber Flowmasters for the rumble and expeditous venting of the the created exhaust. I've smoked several youngsters who are of the impression that a 4.6L or 5.0L is max that they may encounter. Seems they don't encounter that many 390's, 6.4L, anymore.
Age and treachery always overcomes Youth and vigor.

Semper Fi,
Gunner Mike

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice story 72cat. It seems that everyday I come across the same old thing, Import cars that all look and sound alike. Gee, I can drive the minivan and smoke most of them. We have a weekly car show nearby. It started out with only Classic cars and slowly but surely the newer cars have invaded. There's a small group of newer Mustangs and Hondas. The thing is, the only people interested in their cars are themselves lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts