Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TCCN has the new headlight mod for the 67 and 68 for those who were interested check it out this month. Thanks once again to bruce habel for doing the grunt work.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I read that the other day.... Looks pretty easy and very do-able

I might give a try

don

·
Registered
179 Posts
I thought TCCN was shut down, last time I tried it wouldn't allow new mwmbers. What's the mod?
Mark

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not yet next issue is its last one

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Dusk-till-Dawn... I don't subscribe and can't to TCCN. So what IS the mod? Please let us know. I feel like a little kid not let in on a secret...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I printed it out.

Mabey there's a way to save the page and make a link form here.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Dusk, Zhat: You have mail.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm sorry folks, but absolutely nothing may be distributed to non-subscribers from the TCCN web site. I'm not going to give you the specific reason at this time, but it has to do with TCCN continuing under new ownership. If you keep that possibility alive, don't be sharing passwords and stealing copyrighted material from the site.

Steve Eitzen

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Please please please you don't have to steal anything for me or distribute anything illegally (or unethically) just let us have access to TCCN! It sounds like there's so much information for us Cougar lovers to have and use, but we don't have access to it because we didn't find the site in time... :( I understand that it's not a simple issue and it's probably not any one person's decision; I'm just voicing my opinion of what the site is worth to me SIGHT UNSEEN! If there's a petition for me to sign or an email for me to send, I'll do it just point me in that direction!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Greggieatthebat...

We've put five years into making TCCN a valuable resource for the classic Cougar community, so I understand your frustration at not being able to access the site. If we are successful in working out the details with a new owner, the site will again be open to new subscribers, and access will no longer be a problem.

In the event we are unsuccessful, we are also looking at alternative ways of making TCCN's content available to those who are interested. At this point, all I can say is what I've said before: Nobody is more concerned about seeing TCCN continue than I am. If it is at all possible, we'll make it happen.

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Registered
179 Posts
I can respect Steve on this one........ but could some one at least tell us what it was about? Square headlights, electric openers, etc.....
Mark

·
Registered
102 Posts
What it's about...

Several months ago our Tech Editor, Bruce Habel, came up with a design for using an electric headlight cover motor from a Ford Probe to replace the vacuum operated system on 1969/70 Cougars. Since 1967/68 Cats have two headlight motors, his original design wasn't applicable to them.

In this month's issue of TCP, Bruce has come up with a new design for early Cats, using two Ford Probe electric motors and modifying the mechanical part of the 1967/68 headlight system to accommodate them. The design is slick, but it's not something you'll slap together in a day. There are some components to fabricate and a few changes in the wiring, in addition to removing original vacuum components and scrounging the various parts you'll need at your local bone yard.

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanx Steve. I need more agravation in my life right now. Soooo I going to build my own grille, complete with two square headlights, headlight doors and Mazda electric door openers. It looked to me when I was at the junkyard that the Probe electrics are about the same as the early RX7s I promise to take lots of pics.
Mark

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
This thread has been truncated and closed. Everyone by now should know that I won't tolerate the kind of responses that were going back and forth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.