Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
*sigh* Well it's over. The 2.5 months of waiting to get to this point and all was over in about 50 minutes. I was prepared, more so than internal and any other outside candidate. I had spent my own time observing the operation, riding the trains with a friend who drives them and spent hours reading a few manuals I was privy to get.

The interview was straight forward, maybe with one zinger of a question thrown in, but overall I feel I did well. The questions were answered to the best of my ability. The writing assignment and typing test were easy and I felt I aced both of those.

So now we play the waiting game again. Hopefully that light we see at the end of the tunnel is the opening of a door to a new career and not a train coming to run me over. I will let you all know what happens next.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Some more good news out of BART today. I received a letter stating "Congratulations!" on being selected and placed on the eligibilty list for Train Controller [the position I interviewed for]. This list has been given to the person in charge of transportation. We are one step closer to the career change. Not sure where on the list I am, or what the next step is, or when it will occur. But I do believe the worst [the interview] is over and hopefully the next contact will be a job offer. :)

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Whoot! Good things are comming your way!
Mark is gonna call you with some other good finds! :burnout:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts