Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya. I am getting my 390 back this week (yay) and have already bought the new accesories...alt, water pump, fuel pump, etc...but I need to rebuild my Holley...It's fairly original..(c6of/3557)..couple of years off of the application, but I hear it will work just fine. Does anyone know of a good source for a rebuild kit for this carb? Any direction would be greatly appriciated...thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
are these carbs considered 4160's?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I used Holley's web site for part #'s and I got the kit at "Auto Zone". Any auto parts store should be able to get the kits...

Bruce

·
11,000 Posts
The carb on your GT390 is a Holley 4150.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you guys rock...I checked the Holley site...didn't look like the "ford" part was up and running...I'll make some calls tomorrow...so all 4150 type carbs take the same kit? is it the 4150 or the 3557 number that's going to be important?
Thanks again
Chris

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
As far as the web site goes,they all use the same kit. If your getting the Holley kit, use the Holley #.... BTW, I couldn't find your # on the web site either. But Royce is the go to ford guy, so you should be safe going with his advice. The basic rebuild kit should run about $20. If you want their" trick kit", that's about $100.. Shop around, I paid $19 for my rebuild kit but was quoted as much as $30...

Bruce

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's a printout of some info I found online and may be helpful to y'all....I will start calling around tomorrow for the carb kits...be nice to have a non leaking, good powervalve carb.
Chris

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here we go

see if this works

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10