Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to reattach my dash panels to their backing plates. I can see that from factory they used some kind of glue or epoxy...but I don't know what to use. Glue or epoxy?
I know some of you have had experience with this and wanted to know what you used, and success with it.
Thank you

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
What year car and what pieces specifically?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's for the 1970 passenger side dash that attaches to 3 metal pieces and those pieces have the screws that hold it to the chrome backing plate.
I can see on the 3 plates where the factory had used glue...but not holding now. Thanks

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I use 3M STRUCTURAL ADHESIVE. It is a 2 part adhesive that stays pliable for years. It is the best stuff For those kinds of repairs. I have even used it to repair car windows that have become detached from their frames both power and manual. Those repairs have lasted for years.
http://www.google.com/products/cata...log_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CDYQ8wIwBA#

this stuff is the ****! it works better than any two part i have ever used. is great for window tab repair! we use it at my dealer ship as well, its great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts