Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a coating on the windshield of my 67...maybe it's wax or rain-x, and the usual glass cleaning products do not remove the film. The interior side seems the same. Is there something I could use to get all this crud off the glass. Thanks for the :1zhelp:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Glass cleaner

Have you tried plain rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. I have used them to get dried armor-all off my windsheild. They both worked well w/o leaving a residue.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Dex, I'll give that a try. I read somewhere (TCCN? CCOA? crappy memory again :rolleyes: ) that someone used a product used to clean sinks??? to clean and "polish" the glass?...anyone remember reading this or have experienced it?

PS...awright!! memory kicked in:D The product was "Bar Keepers Friend" and was featured on a Crank and Chrome episode. As anyone used this or a similar product?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i dont know about the film, but when i clean my glass to get rid of the overspray on it, i use either an old grey scotchbrite pad or a white one and water to remove it. a steady stream of water when you wash the car works best. i also have used 000 grade steel wool. just dont press hard and it works great. once again a steady stream of water is the key to avoid the lil shavings coming off andrusting on the car. i use the steel wool and a very light touch to clean rust off of chrome too. i never heard of that other stuff, but i may have to find some and try it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts