Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a fiberglas hood for a 69 Cougar?? im sure at one time they did, but i dont know if anyone still makes one. i saw an entire front clip for 70 that was 'glass but i just want to see if a hod is available for a 69.thecar is heavier than i would really like, and i was just looking for some options to lose some weight ( the car, ill work on myself later). Id prefer a flat stock stye one, but any would be interesting to find. BTW, i bought some Competition engineeing traction bars for the Cougar. they were meant for a 65-73 Stang, but when i went to slap em on, the U bolts they gave me didnt fit the spring brackets. ( they were too large) i tried to reuse the stock U bolts, but they dont line up really well with the traction bars themselves. ( they are off by like 1/4 an inch, just a lil too narrow) i was just wondering if there was a dfference between the siblings suspensions?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, i dont know why, but when i type on here, sometimes the keys dont respond very fast. thats the explanation for all the bad spelling. i swear its not me! lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not long ago I bought myself a set of SSM traction bars and the holes didn't line up with the u-bolts, I had to slap the traction bars down and mill out the holes about a quarter inch wider then they came. You may have to do this also. I don't have an answer to your question about the hood unfortunately. - Chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts