Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would like a R Code 69 Eliminator. Ya think anyone wants to trade for my S Code 69.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Dream Cougar?

I just want to finish the ones I have! Both are 73 XR-7 hardtops, both 351C-4V automatics.

My 'a' car, or primary Cougar (alpha?) Yeah, I like the sound of that.... :) My alpha Cat was taken apart for restoration in May 1984! The other hasn't seen the street since 1986.

Someday....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dream Cougar

Mine would be a my 69' Black Jade Ragtop - (finished)
Not acting like a slinky when I hit the brakes (Sub frame connected)
On a nice weekend, top down and a full tank of gas ...
Oh - and self cleaning would be nice ....

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Dream Cougar(s)

Well I would have to say that the year would be a 69 or a 70 for me. The car... well that's where it gets difficult. It can't be just one. I love my Red 69 XR-7 convertible. It has a 351 Windsor 4 bbl. I have done a bunch of chassis modifications to help "sharpen" it's claws. It cruises very nice too! But when I want raw tire squealing G- force take off's it has to be the Boss Cat! She's Competition Blue with a white interior. Manual steering makes it a bit tough to race SCCA stuff, but the crowds sure like her. I am planning on adding power steering this winter when the under hood stuff get a good cleaning and detailing. I have only had small block Cats, and don't think the big blocks would do as well in SCCA type races, too much weight up front, but if your into drag racing I can understand the "love" there. So, to answer the question, I don't have a "ideal" cat, I love them all!! That's how I got my nick name,

Cougar Bill

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
1968 428CJ RA XR7 with 4wheel disks, 3.9:1 rear end, C6 with O/drive unit, a/c, 1" shelby drop and after market power windows

closely followed by

1970 428CJ XR7 convertible with the same creature comforts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts