Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have placed Ginger on e-bay for a duration of one week, i really do not want to part her so i am going to see if she can sell on there..if not i will part her. Please do not be upset with me as i promised all of you first shot, but this greatly increases my chances of getting the 67 if it does sell for it's reserved price.
Here is the link but it will not be active till 12PM PDT:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2411991639

Please take a look i was honest with the description and i hope someone bids on her...but only time will tell...

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Dave
ya gotta do what ya gotta do man. Sure hope you could`ve saved her from the stripping senario, but if she is that far gone i understand where youre commning from.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
965 Posts
You will get more action if you list your car under: 1973 cougar or 73 cougar on Ebay. Where you have it listed will not yield many lookers. Just trying to help. Good luck!

Jim

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Good luck, Dave.;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Dave,
Somebody posted pics( I think it was sixt9coug) of a rust free 73 in the junkyard they frequent. Could he cut parts and ship them to you?
Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
See Dave, its getting there. Whats your reserve??? I remember you posted it here for 1200. is that your reserve or is it 2000 ;) Awesome for you.

Rick

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
If it doesn't sell, I'm sure you can get some decent qtrs shipped from out west. I bought qtrs for my 69 and had them shpped UPS Ground. They came from a company in Canada that was reproducing them.
Mine weren't really rusted, just a bit of bubbling behind the wheels - but were fairly rippled and dinged. Anyway - I got to ship UPS because I didn't buy full qtrs, I only bought up to the roll over for the trunk. No pillars.
Boxed up seperately it was less than $100 from Ontario to NH. Maybe Don Rush or someone can cut some down to UPS size for you.
You don't need the full qtr anyway, so why not?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I thought you were only supposed to list cars in the classifieds section? My car is on ebay also, but its not supposed to be here. Geoff wooldridge.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Geoff, if you have a link to the ebay auction you can mention it. His post wasnt to sell it here, he just mentioned it's on ebay and take a look. He also listed it in the classifieds.

Rick

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had done the classifieds before i decided on the e-bay thing i have just been too busy to delete it on here is all.:)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Dave,

I see with over a day to go you're getting close to your asking here price. Feeling better about that? :) E-bay is kinda strange. A lot of people lay in wait until the last minute to bid on things. A good case in point was a 70-71 M-code 351C-4V that just sold a few minutes ago. With three minutes to go it was selling for $162, then the bidding war started and it went up to $352.50 with less than a minute to go.

What I'm trying to say is that you may get your asking price yet!

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Right. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do... and it sounds like you want a 67 more than a 73 anyway. So, good for you.
And dark...about that scoop...and bumpers

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Dave, I hope you get what you want.IMHO the 67 looks better

Bruce

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE::
Well 16 hrs to go and she is still at $1025.00 i do not think she is going to go much higer. I am dissapointed to say the least, considering now my only opton is to part her out. Oh well someday i will catch a break and get a decent car right of the bat..
:)

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Dave, wait for the end. I've seen stuff do nothing until the last hour.....

Bruce

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dammit i just did a search and there is yet ANOTHER 73 on there...can i get a dam break....theay are all verts and killing any chance my car has....maybe i can jsut sell mine for like 100 buckss and be done with it all.....grrrr

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok i lowerd the reserve price to a more realistic number but i still think it's a moot point. I wish i had known it was gonna be 73 Cougar week on e-bay. I am not looking foward to selling her in peices...i know i sound like a broken record..so for that i am sorry.
I may get out of the hobby completely this has not been a enjoyable experiance for me. (other than meeting all of you great people!!) I really appreciate your patience!
thanks for dealing with me

1 - 20 of 26 Posts