Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this looks pretty darn straight to me! (shiney too!) House of Colors Harley Vivid black.
sideview1.jpg

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Man after my own heart right there!! Looking saweet! Are you color sanding it or is that as painted?

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is after the clear and some coloring sanding. still got to do something about those new rear springs. They aren't settling much. Probably Maiers if the fix.
blackon2.jpg

·
Registered
508 Posts
The bravest of color choices,...prepared and applied well, very nice!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And getting closer .... blackon4.jpg

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
:>0 Ohhh yeah, looking good!! That red seat really pops! Kerp 'em coming....

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Cougar's are sexy in black, that's all there is to it..

·
Registered
164 Posts
Very nice.

Here's my 70 XR7 as of last week.

Love the black!

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
That is one beau-ti-ful black car!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Assembly is taking much longer than I had planned but slowly working towards complete. Got the roll bar and headliner in so I can proceed with more interior install.
2012-11-30_14-37-24_358.jpg 2012-11-30_14-38-08_921.jpg

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
So what are you running for rear springs anyway? I think I hear the wife asking if you have seen her laundry clips! ..... ;>)

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what are you running for rear springs anyway? I think I hear the wife asking if you have seen her laundry clips! ..... ;>)
she willingly loaned those clips! The rear springs were part of total performance suspension package I got and they are too tall with the 3 inch front drop. What you see are with a 1 inch lowering block. I just swapped to some 2 inch drop and by the time they settle an inch or two it will be a perfect stance.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got some road time tonight. Got a few bugs to work out like the Zbar that is bending due to the center force clutch but small stuff. 2013-07-15_17-58-34_476.jpg 2013-07-15_17-59-25_648.jpg 2013-07-15_17-56-27_808.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Sweet!!!!!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Hey - I just noticed the cats eyes decals in the back......lol cool

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Nice! What are you doing inside would be the next pics to share. How 'bout some driveline info?

As another poster stated, "keep 'em coming"!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here is a better view of the eyes. It is one of those rear window see through graphics. 2013-07-15_17-58-54_670.jpg

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
The car looks great. I would have gone without the eyes or the big yellow decal on the fender. But that's just me.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Finally got some road time tonight. Got a few bugs to work out like the Zbar that is bending due to the center force clutch but small stuff. View attachment 38666 View attachment 38674 View attachment 38682
Does Centerforce make a Long style pressure plate? Your Z bar issues sound like what I used to be plagued with back in the day when I ran a stout Zoom Long style PP. I broke or bent every piece of linkage in the clutch pedal setup over the years when I ran that!

I left all of that behind when I changed to a 11" Centerforce Dual Friction Diaphragm style, have never looked back or regreted it. Pedal effort is so light you have to remove the pedal assist spring under the dash so the pedal does not end up staying on the floor.

P.S. Car looks great, my dearly departed "Cleveland Rocks" '70 HT was Imron Black the second time and black lacquer the first. Lot of work both to put it in black and a lot to keep it looking nice once there, but love a black cat.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
For now just some racing seats with the remainder stock stuff. This winter I am having something custom done for the entire interior. Power via 408 stroker with assorted build up goodies, top loader, 9 inch 3:50 N case Detroit locker, JBA headers, 4 wheel disc.

Nice! What are you doing inside would be the next pics to share. How 'bout some driveline info?

As another poster stated, "keep 'em coming"!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts