Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could be my last weekend driving the cougar..
Remember I'm in South Florida ===Lotsa heat and humidity!
Come June it's usually so hot and humid that it's almost unbearable to drive a hopped up, heat producing, non a/c car in the summer. Especially when it rains everyday in June, and I mean tropical storm rain!!
I may take it out now and then during the summer by my self. There's no way the kids and my wife would ride around in that heat. :cry:
It's the reverse of what goes on up north..I drive a summer beater!!
Actually looking around for another cougar that has A/C or maybe a 64-66 T-bird with air.
Oh well.....come October I should be able to start driving it again. I have to finish my '69 Cuda conv anyhow. I'll have something to do.;)

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
That is so bizzare. We just finally see some sun here, so hopefully it stays and I can get mine out on the road. I have friends coming over alot lately cuz they heard it will be running this year, offering help. Cant refuse free labour now can I. Gonna be rocking soon. And I cant wait for the big car show in August when the Fairlane and Cougar are cruizing in there together. When I shoot the primer on the car, I will take pictures of both cars together for the first time, Im all excited.:D :p: :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah the rest of us are trying to get our cars out for the summer. I'm about 90% done blocking out wvcat for paint, I may paint the jams, trunk and under the hood tommorow. I figure by next weekend I'll be bolting it back together and probably driving it soon with a shiney new paint job!!!:D Sorry no digital camera to take pictures%$&#@*!!!
John
wvcat

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm glad I my cougar is my only car so I can drive it year round.
Sun , rain, high wind, snow, sleet, fog... Come on mother nature is that all you got?!:D

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I've got to get around to buying one with air so I can drive my old cars year round. The ironic thing is that the '69 cuda conv I'm restoring also does not have air. So now I'm slowly looking around for another classic..My summer beater is an '88 Mazda 626, 5spd w/air.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
irony

the ironic part of this thread is for 2 years i have waited to get my 70 conv into the garage to restore and i am so close i can taste it and when it goes in allot of its stuff will go into the 69 to get it toatally road worthy. What is so ironic is i live in the one place where you can drive year round can get away without a/c except for two months in summer and it never rusts. man i cant wait to get the 69 drivable so i can stop drivng my 87 suzuki samuri everywhere.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Re: irony

cougarguy said:
What is so ironic is i live in the one place where you can drive year round can get away without a/c except for two months in summer and it never rusts.
so where in Southern Cali are ya? he he

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
high desert

I live in a little place called california city north of lancaster south of bakersfield and 50 miles from everywhere

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cougarguy: I used to have an 86 Samurai. It was totally tricked out with 32" tires. granny gearing, Lift kit. I could drag two Elk behind it with no problems what so ever. I sold it back in December. Elk camp will never be the same. WAHHHH

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
ot suzuki

dont get me wrong it is the best vehicle ever for off road but man i hate getting passed by people on mopeds!:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
There are a ton of mods for the engine on those sammys. I almost put a diesl in mine. I have seen seen a V8 in one. Talk about a heavy front end. Anyway I'll save that story for the Samurai forums since we really should be talkin bout cougars.

·
Registered
794 Posts
vfret said:
Cougarguy: I used to have an 86 Samurai. It was totally tricked out with 32" tires. granny gearing, Lift kit.
that reminds me of a time when my buddy had an old sam like that. we yanked the front driveshaft and were buzzing around the parking lot w/ the xfer case in low like a lawnmower on crack.
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts