Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

my name is Tobi, 24years old, live in germany and Iam new in this forum. I found it as I was looking for a cougar to buy (max. till year 1970) since nearly half a year. If there are any tips for me where to find a nice cougar, driveable and in good condition please let me know. In germany there are not many cougars, so I would like to ship a car from US to germany.

Best greets

Tobi

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Welcome Tobi - check these out http://www.ooyyo.com/germany/used-m...7114D3857F111BFE6FBA18355BBEAA1D6617F3854111/

You may want to decide what model and options you like and narrow your search. The 1967/1968 are very close to the same (1st generation) and the 1969/1970 are very similar (second generation)

You should try to work with company who has experience shipping to Germany. I would recommend contacting Don at http://westcoastclassiccougars.com/contact.php and asking for advice. They sometimes have clients who are looking to sell cars. He has been in the Cougar business for a long time. Good luck! Let us know when you find one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello from San Diego, CA. I have a 1969 Cougar XR-7 that is in your price range. It has ALL the original drivetrain and drives well! Get back to me if interested.
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey everybody,

Mike you got a pm from me, Ankou of course I will check out the club! Bad69Cat I contacted Don as well but didn't recieve any answer.

Best greets

Tobias

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
A local farmer just walked in the shop a few minutes ago wanting to sell his 1968 xr7 390 red / red X code and as coincidence would have it I offered him $7500 or I would get him more if he just wanted to hand it to me to sell for him. Rock solid, original low mile loaded car with all options, parked in barn for many years with four flat tires and bad gas tank... Will post pics soon.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
That's got to be karma!

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Grand Rapds Cl listing is still there. I live about 45 minutes from it and will offer to put some eyes on it if you get serious. Looks to be in your price range.

Regards,

Gary

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay splinehead,

I will write a message to the owner and first of all get some more information. If it gets serious I will write you a message =) Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
That does look like a good prospect......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts