Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so im changing out the transmision on my 70 to a C6 from an FMX and i was wondering if there is anybody who has done this and if so is there a definate amount that the prop shaft has to be shortened to make up for the longer gearbox and also any tips on mounts ect , :bloated:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
You'll need to tell us what the donor for your C6 was, and maybe measure the length of the tailshaft. C6 trans tailshafts and housings are not all created equal. Various lengths will effect the total length needed for the driveshaft.
And regardless of what we tell you, you'll still need to measure after the trans is in and bolted down to get the optimal fit for the driveshaft.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks for that . It is a 94 Bronco box with a 2 wd tailshaft . I have got the axle out having the 4 bar brackets fitted and the gearbox is away being rebuilt with a pro street kit and i was looking for things to get done to save time when they return . I will have to cool my jets till they get back and mesure it up with them all in place ..:smoke:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts