Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've finally started on the 68 Dan Gurney Special. The only gauge I have is the one on the right w/ the warning lights, gas,.... I don't have a spedometer or the little gauge between the two big ones. What is that little one? Also what do the square lights signify. The ones to the left and right of the gauges? Are they more warning lights or what.

Thanks
Austin

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Austin,
On a standard 67 or 68 the little spot is for a clock. It was optional and I have only seen a few. Some people have added a small tach or oil presure gauge in that opening. Neal.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope not an XR-7! Oh, well. I don't know if they made a XR-7 with the DG Special package. :rolleyes:

Badcatt,
Do you know who makes a tach that small. I know I could probably find one, I was just hoping that you might know.

OK, got the clock thing. Now, what are the lights to the left and right of the gauges. I don't have the plastic that is colored so I have no idea what those lights mean. Does it say on the colored covers. I'm talking about the four lights, two on one side, two on the other.

Austin

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ok, I'm using my bad memory here...:rolleyes: The top light on each side of the guages are the turn signal indicators with an elongated arrow and green in color. The bottom right light is the seat belt light with the word "belts" and in red. This light stays on for several seconds after you start the engine...it's not connected to the seat belt. The light in the middle top somewhere is the high beam indicator light and it is blue. The bottom left indicator light......darn, can't remember...I'll check when I go for lunch...should keep my owner's manual at the office! lol :p:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Ok, I've got the owners manual in front of me now...the mystery light is the brake system pressure warning light. It is red with the word "brakes" on it. The "belts" light as previously mentioned should read "belt" and the high beam light is blue and should read "hi beam".

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bruter,

I'm still looking for the lenses that say those words. Are they seperate or part of a complete cover? I'm building from scratch here and untill I get the lenses, I'm just going to have to remember what white light means what.

Austin

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey Austin, the lenses are taped to the back of the dash pad...at least that's the way they are or my 67.:)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
TO THE MISSING GUAGES CAT FAN

:D I HAVE SOME GAUGES FROM A NON- XR7 COUGAR THAT I WONT BE USING.. THE GUAGES ARE IN PIECES BUT THE HOUSINGS., LITTLE LIGHT INDICATORS, SOME GAUGES, ETC. ( A BUNCH OF SMALL PARTS ) THAT YOU COULD PROBABLY USE ARE ALL THERE.. E-MAIL ME AND WE CAN WORK A CHEAP DEAL THAT MIGHT HELP YOU.. :)
[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts