Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 xr7 and I changed to a 20 gallons gas tank and bought a low fuel sensor unit, I fill out the gas tank and goes to full with no problem, but after driving the car for about a hour goes to 3/4, after another while goes to 1/2, stay there for a while, but then goes to the red, and I know I have about 10 gallons still, when it mark empty I still have about 5 gallons. I never changed the gas gauge, it that could be the problem? not good at electric issues, Is there any shop in Covina, ca area to fix that problem?, Any shop that works on these cars in Los Angeles area? Appreciate any help, thanks

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
The new sending unit is most likely bad. I replaced mine and it does the same thing.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
If they used the old sender in the new larger gas tank was the float arm adjusted to the proper travel for the extra depth?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they used the old sender in the new larger gas tank was the float arm adjusted to the proper travel for the extra depth?
Yes, I adjusted. I tried the sending unit out of the tank and works fine with my gas gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts