Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is everyone else's gas price up to. I have seen our rising. Soon to be back to 4 bucks is what the are saying. I run unleaded plus in my 302,should I go to the regular unleaded if this keeps going up??

·
Registered
210 Posts
price here in Canada has shot up too. we pay 1.14/L. if your car is tuned for higher octane i wouldnt switch. youll get engine knock and detonation. not good.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
$3.39 for 87 and $3.59 for 93 today in CT. This was the cheapest in town. $3.42+ for 87 at other stations here.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think i saw it went up another 5 cents today. I dont have any special thing on my little 302, so I think regular or plus would be fine. I hope!! although it is good on gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
California ussually is about 2-3 weeks ahead of the south, I guess its coming!!its 309 for unleaded regular today so about 3.23 for plus. I thought it use to be just 10 cents higher on each grade!! wonder how that changed a few years ago to 15 cents each grade.
I hope things dont get too bad quickly,all the food and stuff will be next.Might be gardening this summer!!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
average here in northern il is around 3.30 .

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Last week I got gas for $2.91 a gallon, the next day it was $3.04 and today it's down to $2.99 in KC.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That means its coming to the east coast soon. Should we start raising some horses again,and start putting horse trails down the side of the interstates for people to get back and fourth to work??? that kind of sounds like a good ideal,bring back horseback and wagons.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think work places need to start going to a mandated 4 day work schedule and lets cut back on the amount of gas we use.
Has to be a better way that to have it go up again like it did back a couple years ago. Although I know in Italy along time ago,i remember it being like 7 bucks a gallon and you were only allowed so many gallons.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I paid 1.19 a liter. Multiply that by 4.5(liters/gallon aprox)= 5.35ish a gallon. Wow how is getting screwed?? And thats the cheap stuff!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
California ussually is about 2-3 weeks ahead of the south,..........QUOTE]

We're always more expensive by about 20 cents or more even when prices don't change all year.
I think there's certain additives we have to get that cost more, or that don't cost more, but we get charged more anyway. I heard a radio show about it once. A big rip off relatively speaking, one coast compared to the other. However, I don't know if I can say prices for gas are unfair or too high, only that there is something wrong if Ca has to pay more than other states.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
California ussually is about 2-3 weeks ahead of the south,..........QUOTE]

We're always more expensive by about 20 cents or more even when prices don't change all year.
I think there's certain additives we have to get that cost more, or that don't cost more, but we get charged more anyway. I heard a radio show about it once. A big rip off relatively speaking, one coast compared to the other. However, I don't know if I can say prices for gas are unfair or too high, only that there is something wrong if Ca has to pay more than other states.
Larry,

Your fuel is more expensive primarily due to state and local taxes. The following chart shows the total fuel taxes per gallon collected in a state. For 2010, California was 19.3 cents per gallon above the national average. These are the statewide averages, local taxes will also affect the variance within a state.

http://www.api.org/statistics/fueltaxes/upload/April_2010_gasoline_and_diesel_summary_pages.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I paid 1.19 a liter. Multiply that by 4.5(liters/gallon aprox)= 5.35ish a gallon. Wow how is getting screwed?? And thats the cheap stuff!
Is that a US gallon? I believe it isn't the same as an imperial gallon. I think it's closer to 4 liters for 1 us Gallon.

Jean

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Yall need to take pitty on us that are driving the diesels!! When I bought my truck in 97 diesel was 50 cents a gallon cheaper than gas, not it is 50 cents a gallon more than gas? It is a by product of gasoline? And the myth of getting better mileage in a diesel, well it just aint true!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I know this has been said OVER and OVER, but...................DRILL BABY DRILL.

I just don't get it, we could have had a head start on buying from others. It won't surprise me that if NOW they say, OK, DRILL...... We will see.

Dale in Indy

1 - 20 of 89 Posts