Mercury Cougar Owners banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
The Temp and fuel gauge wasn't working. I did what you said and grounded the sender wires. They still did nothing. I found that there was no volts to the IVR. So I ran 12volts off the ignition switch to the IVR. They are working now.
Thanks everyone for your help!!! I like this place:)

Discussion starter · #22 ·
OOPS!!! Now the Temp gauge works too good! It slowly goes up when the engine warms ups and then MAX out fully Hot,, and the engine and radiator is just warm to the touch. I just put a new Temp sending unit in could it be a bad one?

Could be - or not the correct one. The guage reflects the resistance from the sending unit - if the unit doesn't provide the correct resistance...it would throw off the reading....

I would talk to Don about that one. Maybe he can set you up,with a matching set for the doors and ignition. Other posibility i there maynot be a whole lot of different keys for this car and he may have a matching ignition for the current one you have. Some cars have less than a couple dozen keys to fit them all. Worth asking...
Charlie

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.