Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A freakin' Aston Martin DB5! Yes, James Bond's fabulous ride from Goldfinger (and several others). Now, it isn't in great shape – it has a few dents and scrapes, the bumpers are whacked, and the sunroof is missing. But I think with some elbow grease I can have it shining like a diamond! The great thing though is that it runs and drives! All I had to do was put new batteries in it and it fired right up!
DSCN2923.jpg DSCN2920.jpg DSCN2921.jpg

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
<o:p></o:p>

So I was helping my mother out a few weekends ago as she finally garage / estate saled my grandmothers estate. Mommom (grandma) collected dolls and other odd toys, mostly from her days of working at a thrift shop outside of Philadelphia. Anyhow, Mom asks me to go inside and grab a bunch of toys and bring them out. And what do I see in the pile? :)
Needless to say, I pulled that one out and told Mom “No way you are selling this, it’s mine now.” and I also made her bump up the price on several other old tin toys.
Yeah, its not a real car, but it is still cool. And probably the closest I will ever come to a smokin’ barn find :smoke:

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Nice find. I guess there wasn't any tin Cougars

We just cleaned out my Mum's place. Estate valuers / auctioneers have replaced lawyers at the top of my low life scale. They sold off her extensive doll collection for a pittance, mainly to their antique store mates.

Next on the list now are garage sale thieves - they will steal stuff marked at $2

Be careful that you don't end up with the Cougar toy collecting disease

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, my Mom had everything bundled and marked low to entice resalers and collectors. She tried going through estate sale people but they just wanted to cherry pick the good stuff and leave Mom (and Dad) with a basement full of crap.

I'm resisting the urge to start collecting toy "dream cars". I'm afraid if I start then I won't be able to stop and the wife will say "you already have a toy one, why do you need a real one?" LOL!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Nice find. I guess there wasn't any tin Cougars

We just cleaned out my Mum's place. Estate valuers / auctioneers have replaced lawyers at the top of my low life scale. They sold off her extensive doll collection for a pittance, mainly to their antique store mates.

Next on the list now are garage sale thieves - they will steal stuff marked at $2

Be careful that you don't end up with the Cougar toy collecting disease

This will make you feel better about your choice of who's on the low life list....

In the US, we have a show called "Antique Roadshow", where people bring their family heirlooms, garage sale and flea market bargains to see if they have something worth a few bucks. Usually there are a few folks with some pretty cool things.

One of the Appraisers was a dickhead with his own antique shop. He was lowballing folks on things he would later try to buy from them. Gotta love greedy people.

·
Registered
389 Posts
sean, haha me too...i glanced at it briefly on the iphone at work the other day and was thinking cool then i looked again when i had a real 'puter and time and was like doh haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts