Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Logan and Bill,
One of the things I miss about leaving the Dallas area is missing Fun Ford Weekend. I know it was last weekend. How did your cars run? I have met all kinds of people at swap meets selling parts for the Clevor conversion. They tell me it's really fast but I haven't heard any actual results. Well???

:ego: :ego: :ego:

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
FFW

Royce,

Well, as expected, it was a cluster....

I drove down in the Cobra on Saturday for a peek. The lines were terrible. No pit parking left.

257 cars entered the "Street" Ford class. There were 2-3 hundred more in "Fast Ford": any car 7.50 and slower on slicks...

Then there was Quick Ford and all the other classes. Well over 600 cars. I would guesstimate that there were 800 this time. An absolute zoo.

And to top it off? Beginners oiling down the track for the entire length causing the track to shut down 45 minutes for cleanup. Grrr..

I decided *not* to come back on Sunday.

The cat is awaiting the Ford Shootout at RedLine Raceway in .....

Royce :) City!

We then have a run at the Motorplex for the final 1/4 mi run of the year. I'm going for a banzai run my first pass this time instead of waiting around.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Shootout

I was told that it was going to be on the 6th of October. The redline website does not yet mention its October events. Of course it's the 25th of Sept. What am I thinking? The site does give a complete listing of all events that happened *earlier* this month! :-0

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
FFW is always a cluster... I stayed away this year.. With the twins around, it's pretty much the spanish inquisition if I try to leave the house to have "fun"...

The usual response when I ask is a bottle and a baby handed to me. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Logan,

I guess when you say "bottle" and "baby" you are NOT referring to nitrous on your Cougar, right?? Hah.

My goal for the month of October is to get my 68 std. into the 12's... ran a 13.49 last time out... have a few other things to try, I think I'll make it. My 60' times are too slow, 1.98 is best I've done... I'm going to try some smaller tires and some more advance on the timing.

Ron.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts