Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Logan and all,
I had noticed that one of the advertisers for the site is the Fuel Miser. I am wondering if any members of MercuryCougar.net have tried this device? I have talked with a few engineers that are skeptical of it's effectiveness. Anything that truthfully increases gas mileage and power through accuracy and doesn't need to be replenished often is worth looking into.
At this point in time I cannot afford to be a guinipig, let me know what ya think.

Mark Piechowski
70 XR-7 460 AOD
69 SS 351c 2v AOD
70 XR-7 351c4v FMX
69 Sunroof Eliminator 351w 4v FMX

P.S. As far as camshaft lobes go---fast ramps all the way for me.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I'll say this. The products advertised on the banners are NOT tested by myself... I ain't made 'o money to test it all out. :)

The advertising is pretty much automated, I select the type of advertising, in this case automotive, and wa-la, it appears on the site in no certain order. However, if someone does click on the advertising and happen to actually buy something as a result, I get a tiny payment for the advertisement. (Hey a guy has gotta offset that $20/mo hosting fee somehow!!)

My personal feeling is that I don't trust little gizmos like that... Falls under the category of "if it really worked, everyone would have one"... Also falls under the category of "Leaning out fuel mixtures to save a buck or two is not a good idea"

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Gas Mizers

Catz A simple gas miser is to place securely a piece of screen in the venturi booster.The idea is that the turbulance caused by screen as air goes thru it vaporizes the fuel more readily.You can see this on Holley Miser carbs.Another is to warm fuel so molecules are starting to move faster as it mixes with air.Fab up a heat exchanger that warms fuel with rad water.Either may or may not work .No guarantees but I think you can see the idea at least.If anyone has spare time and can try it out let us know how you fare.Remeber securely.We dont want our catz spittin screens.:cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cat390

hey,
what part of R.I. do ya live in? My friend Pat Beauchamp lives in R.I. he has a 69 and a 70 drop-top. If you may be interested in meeting up with other Cougar people in your area, E-mail me off list at:
[email protected]
If you don't know Pat, he is a good guy and a true Cougar fanatic.

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts