Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
351w-2v, automatic, AC, center console, power steering, power front disc brakes.

This is my fathers Cougar, which he purchased around 1990 in Summit, NJ. It is now located in Port St. Lucie, FL 34953. It had 98k miles on it when he bought it and it currently has 109,852 miles. Only driven 11,000 miles in the last 20 years. We are very familiar with Cougars since my father bought a 1969 Mercury Cougar Sport Special brand new and we still have it, also my first car was an "M" code 69 Cougar and I still have it.

The car runs great and the trans shifts perfect with many new parts. The engine was pulled and overhauled three years ago with new timing chain and gears, new oil pump, fuel pump, water pump, reman carb from rock auto, motor and trans mounts, and gaskets. Also has new exhaust, shocks, and rear leaf springs. I may be forgetting other things.

The car was repainted in the 90's and the lower rear quarter panels were replaced. The job was not done by a professional and you can see the weld marks on the quarter panel lip inside the door jamb. The car looks good but could use a new paint job to be showroom. The rest of the body and undercarriage is virtually rust free. The reason the lower rear quarters rusted was because the previous owner kept the car in a garage but the rear of the car did not fit inside and was out in the elements. The car has been fully garage kept since 1990.

The interior is all original as is the engine and trans. The leather seats do show some wear but are decent. The power top works perfect but the top does have a few holes from stress points created from the top being down most of the time in the garage.

Any questions please feel free to call me at 772-342-0623. Car is located in Port St. Lucie, FL 34953.

EBAY ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230712129811

1 - 1 of 1 Posts