Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
10,973 Posts
I guess it really depends on what your intentions and budget are for the car. Is this going to be track only, no budget constraints, every second that you can shave off the turns is super important?

Or is it going to be a car show build, meant to impress everyone while parked?

Obviously there are many variations, of where you might be trying to go. Just trying to understand.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought an AJE K member for my 89 Mustang, and it was horrible for handling. It was too light and flimsy, and handling was unpredictable. Replaced it after less than a year with UPR K member, which was 100 times better. This AJE part looks somewhat better, but I'm still not impressed. Why not suspension pieces from Global West, TCP, or Opentracker? On my 67, I redid the whole front suspension with some aftermarket parts, added sub frame connectors, jacking rails, and interconnecting frame members, and it made a difference. A couple years later I added a watts link along with some other rear suspension pieces, and the handling was night and day improved, much more so than when I did the front end.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Can't speak to how they handle, but the mounts used to fasten the coilover to the spindle have been known to slide up the coilover. They are more like a friction clamp. I've personally used global west and like them. Also take a look at Street or Track. If you have unlimited budget, take a look at Detroit Speed, Roadster Shop, Mike Maier Racing, and even Cortex Racing (look up cougar project "Max Effort")

·
Registered
232 Posts
Can't speak to how they handle, but the mounts used to fasten the coilover to the spindle have been known to slide up the coilover. They are more like a friction clamp. I've personally used global west and like them. Also take a look at Street or Track. If you have unlimited budget, take a look at Detroit Speed, Roadster Shop, Mike Maier Racing, and even Cortex Racing (look up cougar project "Max Effort")
And of course after posting, I didn't realize the OP posted this over 2 years ago. :lol: Maybe OP may still be looking?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was looking for info on the colt 65 set up heard of people just using the kmember and arms along with fox or sn95 strut/coil overs setup and fox camber caster plates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts