Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some confirmation after not having my 68 together for 5 years i cant remember if the valance panel lights and the side markers come on at the first click of the headlight switch? Are the side fender lights supposed to be a yellow bulb?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yes, the front valence lights and side marker lights come on with the first click (as well as the taillights). The side marker lights are supposed to be amber 1178A bulbs. Originally they were painted, but now you can get them with amber glass, which won't flake off. We have them here: http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/1178a.html We do also have some original-style painted bulbs if you want to be "concours."

Also a note on the front valence lights, FYI, they should be amber 1157A bulbs with clear plastic lenses, not clear bulbs with amber lenses like on Mustangs. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Also note that the front valence lights (parking lamps) do not stay on when the switch is pulled all the way out to turn on the headlights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know what is going on. I have the WCCC repro parking lights which look great but the prob is i can dim them with the foot. Switch and they dont go off when the headlights come on. Thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts