Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple of people that had posted their plan to use the front fenders as patches for the rear quarters. I haven't seen or heard anything about success or failure. I got a line on another 67 cougar that I am going to buy for parts, and this one has a couple of small repairs around the compound curves by the wheel arch. My rear quarters on my 67 are shot, and this will be a big step up for me, as these are really solid with just a couple of exceptions. As I have some extra front fenders to sacrifice, I would like to confirm this is a good idea before I do the deed.

Anyone?

·
Registered
508 Posts
The front fenders are approx. 3/8" wider in the radius, at the the pronounced lower body line. The height is correct at 9 & 1/2" from lower body line to the top of the radius. Though I've never had the availability of an "extra" pair of front fenders to do the deed. Looks to be a slight modification of the inner rear well and a swap,...R fender to L quarter and L fender to R quarter.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The specific area that I need to patch is the most common rear quarter rust, beneath the body line, behind the door jam, just above the rocker panel. It sounds like I may be in luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts