Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I am going through all my "extra" parts, and it looks like I have 6 or seven extra 67/8 front fenders.
We have discussed that the front and rear curves are the same for the opposite rear 1/4 panels.
Is there any interest on here from you all, for in front of/behind the rear wheel well outer skin patches? A few of the fenders have some rust spots at the inner support weld, a couple have been creased and filled in the front. My understanding, is the it is the "90 degree angle bends" that are the hardest to fix, and I have several of that part of the fender that is good.
What do you think? I hate to waste good parts, but they would be better sold as patches than as just scrap for iron prices, and the shipping is prohibitive on a single or pair of fenders...
I will try and post some pictures later of the extra fenders I have, and you will be able to see what I mean...

·
Registered
389 Posts
depends on the price of course.... i have some spots ahead of my driver's side rear wheel down low and the usual behind the wheel rot. driver side is bad bad (been patched once before with a lap joint and didnt work so well) and the pass side just has some perforation. what sort of price u lookin at for them?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have at least two pair of fenders, some better than others....I think 50 bucks for a half fender that has the important parts is reasonable...
As some are better than others, the price may go up or down. I don't think anybody really wants to pay shipping for a whole fender, even at "firehouse" sale prices...

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't cut up any of them yet, I just finished dropping off scrap iron yesterday. I will try and get some pictures and a few early cuts by the end of the week..

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Have you tried to sell them as fenders yet? I would think people would jump on decent fenders, whereas that patch exists already, right?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4 Posts
So your saying the wheel arches are the same front to rear just on opposite sides? If so I'd definitely be interested in a pair. Give me a quote.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts