Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run into some damage to the front structure in my 67 and am up in the air with regards to replace or fix. It looks like it was hit on the front at one time, the front cross member (radiator support) is dented in on the passenger side. Everything up front was straight and it drove great before disassembly.

Both strut rod braces have their flanges bent on the underside toward the front. Curbs or something it would appear. Also looks like pry bars or something have been some of the edges up front.

So, it is a big project to replace the strut rod braces and the front cross member? Or would it be better to break out the torch and get it back to close?

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have the part numbers and pricing, but am wondering at the complexity of the project to replace them. I'm not afraid of delving into this type of body work, I have to do it in some other spots, but just want to get feedback from others that have been down this road before as I have not.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
get the shop manuals for 67 cats and use the measurement as your guide when you start replacing those. Tack weld - check as you go....

It tedious, but you can get it done. Weld it up when you are sure your measures are dead on.....

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've gone ahead and ordered up new parts. Might as well do it right. I am replacing just about everything up front it seems...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts