Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a front end suspension rebuild for a 72 convertible. This is a driver , so must perform. Considering roller spring perches. So many different front end kits out there. Not going over the top , but don't want any junk either. Looking at complete kits. Any recommendations or info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Best thing you can do in my opinion. Laurel Mountain Mustang has stock kits available that really work nicely. The car drives like a dream now. The kit was 700 and change which included rear leafs. The only other part I purchased was the eccentric bolts. (did have to wait on the leaf springs because they are for a cougar and not a stang, but it was only about two weeks).

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I wouldn't get fancy with it. Just do a stock rebuild with stock type parts if you drive it every day.
Unless you want to spend extra on that stuff.

I put the poly bushings in my car and regretted it every day that I wasn't racing it. They made commutes more like the oregon trail.

West Coast Classic Cougar has a kit for 5 bills:http://www.cougarpartscatalog.com/suspkit-71ps.html

Most people tend to dislike the stock suspension for the perceived body roll. Sway bars will help with this a bit. But, remember that a 'vert will get more body flex the more you ask of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts