Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok over the last month i have been driving my cat a bit more than before, and i have noticed a few things that i thought you peeps might be able to answer.

1. Whenever i start off from a light or a stop my front end does this creek thing , now i can feel this thru the floor boards and i am hoping it is not something horrific. It only lasts for about a second or two and does not do it in corners or when pulling into my driveway???

2. I have also noticed under the same condition, but a bit different when i lerch the cat forward like most of us have done in the past:D
i hear a thud and then all is fine like a motor mount is broke but the motor when reved up does not lift or any thing only does it in gear ..could my trans mount be shot?

Please help and let me know if you have had experiance with these types of problems.
Oh and by the way the suspension is about 2 years old, and was completely replaced except the torque brace bushings?(the ones that tie into the front frame underneth)

THANKS TONS:)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,
It does it more when i go from park to reverse but it does do it a little from park to drive. It is more of a clunk when after it is in drive and i kinda jump the car foward as if you were gonna drag race but not real hard sometimes i get a loud clunk...happens sometimes when i hit the brake to...hmmmm

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
look at the shifter when you take off, if it moves then it is engine mounts, probably driver side, i had to use a chain and turnbuckle on my old 67 stang, it kept ripping mounts on the driver side.
also check the bushings on the spring saddles and upper control arms just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i will do that th thing that really scares me is when i pull into a parking spot and have to make a minor adjust ment to the car so it is parked right something will make a small thud but enough to shake the dash??

Anyone??/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts