Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Anybody know if someone makes a bra for the 1969 Cougar? I want to provide some protection to my new paint job. Was following a ready-mix truck this morning and got a good sand shower!!:uhoh: Not nice, but nothing got chipped yet..
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
sorry Harry, don't know, but shouldn't be long before you get an answer... the title got ME in here fast enough :lolani:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Harry, you just got your first lesson about driving that beauty.......DON"T drive behind trucks of any kind unless they are a block or so ahead of you. Rocks, sand and crap fall off of or come out from under commercial trucks all the time because they operate in rough terrain and are not cleaned very often, if ever.
I don't know if it is true but I was told that having a bra on a car dose a lot of damage to the paint over time. Maybe talk to your painter before you put one on there, see what he says.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Harry, you just got your first lesson about driving that beauty.......DON"T drive behind trucks of any kind unless they are a block or so ahead of you. Rocks, sand and crap fall off of or come out from under commercial trucks all the time because they operate in rough terrain and are not cleaned very often, if ever.
I don't know if it is true but I was told that having a bra on a car dose a lot of damage to the paint over time.
I have heard the same thing.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Bras are uncomfortable on Women because they rub and push and pinch..they love to throw them off at the end of the day because they've been doing damage and causing irritation (never happens around me, but whatever ;))

This would be the same on a car. I don't recommend it ;) Especially over time..

·
Registered
173 Posts
i just opened this hoping to see how dumb it would look on a cougar hoping for pics ha. no offense. im just not a fan of them anyway. im also the kind of guy to take all plastic wrap off my electronics right away. i like to enjoy the things i buy and put time into. but my dad had a 74 vette and it had some dings in the fiberglass bumper in the front. he put a bra on it and covered it up and made the car look a thousand times better. but anyway. ive never heard of one for a cougar and it sounds like it would be a tough fit but good luck!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
all the new cars are comming with "propeller tape " on the frontal areas---computer programs are avail for newer cars but the old stuff loke ours needs to be hand cut--i'm running it from the lower belt line down and it does work--the panel with the lower horiz door jam ( sill ) was cut so the tape folds into the sill , keeping for marking it with my shoes
the bra gal is @ warlords in long beach , ca---all they do is bras
doctordesoto

ps---rain-x on the bumper and front paint makes the bugs slide off

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I have heard the same thing.
I've SEEN it many many many times. Dirt gets caught between the bra and the paint and acts like sandpaper, destroying the finish.
Other than a "clear" bra which is a transparent film, and would only protect the paint, not the trim and grill, the old style black fabric bra that covers the entire grill and valance would look aweful.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
and for goodness sake, dont google "cougar" and "bra" at the same time.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Like Brian says - A Bra will scratch your nose. I speak form experience there - even the ones you put on cars!:evil:

I had one on my mustang which I kept immaculate and it still rubbed the paint enought to scratch/haze it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hey, don't they make a clear spray-on protectant. Water proof, but removeable with soap and water. Might look for that.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Ok, i could not resist jshcobra's post about googling "cougar and bra" at the same time. Some interesting stuff came up, but not even one bra for the 1968-70 4-wheel Cougars we all love. There were a few for the late models like 1990 and newer but nothing for the real classics.

Here are a few things I did find:

http://thefranklakereport.wordpress.com/2010/09/19/magic-cougar-bra/

http://pennyong3373.trustpass.alibaba.com/product/118498397-103151331/Cougar_Print_Cleavage_Enhancing_Push_up_bra_with_thick_sponge_padding.html

http://www.amazon.com/Jantzen-Womens-Clios-Cougar-Bandeau/dp/B0046LU3JM

1 - 20 of 21 Posts