Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever replaced this seal that extends from the top to bottom of the front side of your windows? I bought some repros from WCCC and I was hoping I didn't have to remove the window to replace it but it appears I probably will. Is this job very hard to tackle?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yes the window will have to be removed, and it is not a simple thing to do.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Towcat once the windows are out is this still difficult? What about the rubber seals on the front vent windows? Should these be replaced just cause once the windows are out?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
You have to remove the entire vent window assembly. I just replaced mine from WCCC. One screw holding the rubber tip then pushed the felt in the track with the eraser end of a pencil. Getting the vent window back in and adjusted is the hard part. If you have the vent window out, its easy to replace all the rubber.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Right now I have all the glass out of the car but I left it all as an assembly. I haven't started cleaning or polishing any of it yet. Just wondering what I should replace prior to trying to re-install.

·
Registered
913 Posts
If the rubber seals around the vent windows are still good, I would leave them alone because the new rubber is a bear to get the glass back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts