Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest way to do this it will be my first attempted and I would like to be sucessful at it... Any help is appreciated....

Lance

PS. Does any one have some spare windshield molding clips for a 68 that they would not mind parting with?....I'd be willing to trade I have some extra window moldings, center caps and a few other things...

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
On the front bumper, it is easier to undo the brackets on the frame rail, then the bumper comes off with the brackets. It will drop fast, put stands under the bumper so you dont scratch it.
On the clips, go to a glass shop or body supply store, they should carry those. I got mine there ( body supply), here they have a rack of HELP type items, clips, nuts, fender clips,etc.)

Godd luck

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dark I'll go give it a whirl right now......

Lance

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Rick is right, id just drop the Front Valance and undo the 4 bolts that attach it to the frame. preatty easy, but the bolts may be on there really tight.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Holy crap I got something right. Yeah, I should of also said spray the bolts with WD-40 or some lube ( or heat the boltz with a torch) first before you attack the boltz. They are going to be rusted in there and might break, but no problem if they do, just drill it and easy out it.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
IMPACT GUN!!

nuff said. he he

·
Registered
794 Posts
damn straight.....

I soaked the bolts w/ PB Blaster and still had to use my impact gun. 600 ft/lb of TQ baby!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Yes. And you can spray the back side of the bolt through the holes in the frame. I have not really had that much problem getting them out...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts