Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me I,m restoring a '69 XR7 purchased the front bumper guards and would like to know how they are installed as my car originally didn't have them, a diagram or close up pick would be great, also would like to know if I need any related hardware for their installment, Thanks.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Piece of cake....

Line them up with bumper bolts is the first step. The long tail bolts underneath on the end of the frame rails where the front valance bolts to (again, underneath). I sort of forget if the bolt hole is predrilled in the valance for the bolt that screws in from the back side of the valance or not. Either way, bolt the long tail underneath, line the guards up with the bumper bolts and then determine where to drill the hole. Sorry for no picture, but this should get you started...

There should be one bolt, guessing 3/8 head, that goes into the back end of the guard, is all....sorry for no pic, but it will be obvious.

Hope this helps and great choice for that extra touch!

Rod

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rod got a half way descent pic off of ebay front undercarriage shot looks like what U were saying kinda self explanatory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts