Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FREE PARTS!!! (Or trade if you've got something you need to get rid of that I can use). I've got the following roof related items from my 68 xr7 that I no longer have any use for: windshield and backglass stainless trim, backglass no chips or cracks), nugget gold rear armrests (no cracks or tears), nugget gold windlace/pad, nugget gold overhead console and related parts, headliner rods, opera lights, weatherstrip channel (part that goes over the door and rear quarter windows). Just pay shipping. I hate to just throw this stuff out, but I need to get it out of the way. -- Jody

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Backglass

I'm very interested in the back glass. Is it Sun-X (tinted)?

Also, what is the date code? Date code is located just below the Car Lite etching in the lower/middle part of the glass. Look for something something that reads like 7H (1967 Aug) or 7M (1967 Dec) or 8B (1968 Feb).

Thanks,
_Tom

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do you still have the windshield? Is it tinted? Do you have the retainer clips for the lower windshield chrome molding? My PM is: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
69vert: pm me your address and I'll get you the shipping cost.
boodieman: I'll check tonight on the date codes. It's not tinted.
GR8XR7: Sorry, I still need the windshield and lower trim clips. These extra parts are the leftovers from my convertible conversion project.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
FREE PARTS!!! (Or trade if you've got something you need to get rid of that I can use). I've got the following roof related items from my 68 xr7 that I no longer have any use for: windshield and backglass stainless trim, backglass no chips or cracks), nugget gold rear armrests (no cracks or tears), nugget gold windlace/pad, nugget gold overhead console and related parts, headliner rods, opera lights, weatherstrip channel (part that goes over the door and rear quarter windows). Just pay shipping. I hate to just throw this stuff out, but I need to get it out of the way. -- Jody
Just wanted to commend you, sir. Great community-minded approach!

Jean

Jean

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to commend you, sir. Great community-minded approach!

Jean

Jean
Not really. Just complying with my wife's clean garage mandate.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
boodieman: I'll check tonight on the date codes. It's not tinted.
OK, well thanks for the update and offer! But I need a tinted back glass (and actually have an extra clear back glass for future polishing practice). Hopefully you will find a good home for your clear glass....and make your wife happy. :0)

·
Registered
389 Posts
PM sent on armrests and opera lights

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in the headliner rods and arm rests. Please let me know if they are still available and if you know the shipping charge. Also wondering if you have a fan shroud?
Thank you very much.

Shannon
[email protected]
Plymouth, MN
1968 XR7 Grecian Gold w/Nugget gold
1970 XR7 Wimbledon White w/Ginger houndstooth

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am interested in the back window trim if still available. I battered mine when I was reinstalling it after replacing my rear glass as part of my attempt to install a headliner. I think changing over to a convertible would have been less frustrating. I was in such a hurry to get it all back together that I forced some of the pieces into submission.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am interested in the headliner rods and arm rests. Please let me know if they are still available and if you know the shipping charge. Also wondering if you have a fan shroud?
Thank you very much.

Shannon
[email protected]
Plymouth, MN
1968 XR7 Grecian Gold w/Nugget gold
1970 XR7 Wimbledon White w/Ginger houndstooth
arm rests for sure are spoken for...well at least they have been requested...he had me send him shipping money about 3 weeks ago but they still havent been mailed....

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, update time at last. Everyone who sent money for shipping, your items have finally been shipped out. So far, arm rests, opera lights, overhead console and windlace pads have all been taken. The rest of the stuff is still sitting here and up for grabs. I am not sure how practical it is to try to ship the back glass but if someone wants to tell me how they want it boxed up, let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts