Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Few years back I thought of using GT-40P heads on my Windsor. That never materialized, and now just want them out of my garage. I bought a pair off eBay for $280, and one of them had what appeared to be a line crack between one of the chambers. Looked like the head had fallen on some small pebble. Instead of shipping them back for another pair, the seller sent me two showroom/painted heads.

So, I have three bare heads and a fourth that should be easily machined. If anyone's interested, I can send pics. $100 obo takes all four. I'm 30 min northwest of Milwaukee. You gotta pick 'em up...

I also have the valves out of my 351W and Lunati spring kit that I'm selling in a prior for-sale post.

NOTE: dropped to $100, as the two showroom heads weren't in protective bags, and had lot of moisture rust, sitting on the bottom shelf under my workbench. Maybe they can be tanked and cleaned up, not sure.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't know how to cancel a thread here, so I'll just have to say that I'm having work done on all four heads, and the posting is now cancelled. I'm going to have the clean heads shaved and opened up to accommodate my 1.94/1.54 W valves and Lunati barebones valves - if the head guy at the shop says there's enough room to do so. Shop guy did a quick yellow magnaflux test on that apparent crack between two cylinders and said it could be shaved no problem. Valve guides will also be honed.

The other heads that were replacements and had rust will be blasted and cleaned up/guide honed only. That'll give me two sets of heads to use, should my AFR 1422 (185's) come back with any major issues after the shop guy checks them all out, or if something goes wrong down the road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts