Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I just bought and sold the wagon version of this car. I was surprized how popular they are! They share a lot of parts with the Falcons from that year/era. They're nice affordable cars.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Very nice Doc. I would love to find one of those in my area one day. Drop a warmed over 289 and 4 speed and that thing would be sweet.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Looks very nice. Body, the grill, side trim, interior and bumpers looks all there and pretty clean. Nice find. There's a black/red one in town here sitting in a driveway by my Dads house. Cool cars.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Great Find ! How much did it set you back ?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i would pick it up ! looks like an easy project. i wish i could say that for mine !

·
Registered
237 Posts
i think t is a diamond in the rough. should be pretty sweet all restored. good luck would love to see you track your progress if you do it.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Looks like a 5 gallon bucket of win from my house.
Buy it. Leave it looking mangy and get it tip top mechanically. Then drive it!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Put a 331 Stroker with the 4 spd and have a little sleeper monster. The car looks pretty solid and straight.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WELL..talked to the guy who actually owns the car
and he had been out in the sun WAY too long
he wanted stupid money for it
so there it will sit for infinity
oh well the search continues.....

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I have a 1960 Comet - got it for my daughter to use to get to school and back and around the area when she was in high school (She named it Fonzie). It's a fun little car.
She had that at the Champoeg park show last year, didn't she?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts