Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew my car's build sheet was not under the rear seat. The other day I read here that someone found theirs under the rear carpet. So I removed the seats and seat belts and anxiously lifted the carpet and low and behold...nothing! %$#@! So I then lifted the heavy padding stuff and there it was! And in pretty good condition. There are some pictures of it on photobucket if you click on the link below.

But I am wondering. In other cars I have had the build sheet list codes for stuff like springs, shocks, etc.. This one looks like an inspection report. Is this what old Cougar "build sheets are? A big thank you to the person who posted where they found theirs. Thanks!

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc469/Monty429/Cougar build sheet/

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
That is a quality assurance sheet, called the Inspection Traveler. (I think)

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've looked under my drivers side front. Nothing. I believe my carpet and underlayer have been replaced. Hopefully, something has been put back. I'll check this soon.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I too found the original continuous quality inspection sheets under my carpet too, pass. side rear. The items listed to check the interior seem pretty comprehensive.

There should've been one for the trunk area and doors which read "bare metal visisble at bottom to accelerate rust" and "easily plug-able drain holes to hold moisture" hehe!

Kevin

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I have found 2 Build sheets stapeled to the back side of the passengers door panel. Don't expect to fine one there though, I'm sure it was for a traveled item that held the panel off untell later. Other places I have found them are under the trunk mat on top of the gas tank and under the passengers seat in the springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts