Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The kid is 11 years old so he did pretty good on this! The guy in the 427 Vette didn't drive well.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Man, those other Cougar's amongst the videos are stretching the rules a bit, in the 12's is far from pure stock!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Looks like he missed a gear, or foot came off clutch, YEP, he didn't drive well at all.

11 years old, better than I could have done then, I still had a bottle, MAYBE.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
200 Posts
looks like lots of fun...how many runs do u get in for an event like this? day event or weekend event?

cheers,

steve

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Good driving on your part, Royce. I heard a little squeal and then it was just "color me gone".

That 427 car is the 390 horse L36 model (I think...). Sounded like it was having engine problems of some sort. Dying like that out of the tree and only being 1.5 seconds behind a GTE says a lot for that car.

Great vid! Thanks for sharing.

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a Friday and we had the track from 09:00 AM until they opened their Friday night test and tune program at 17:00 PM. There were about 210 cars there, so the staging lines are very short.

The Corvette shifted from first to third. He ran a 13:90 a couple minutes later.

looks like lots of fun...how many runs do u get in for an event like this? day event or weekend event?

cheers,

steve

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Nuthin looks better in the rearview than a Vette! But maybe that's just me? He did pooch it bad, but still poured the coals on ---gotta give 'em credit.

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I never did. It is a much faster car, easily in the mid 12 second range. Probably low 12's if it had a btter rear end ratio.

Royce

Did you ever get to run the Tool?

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Boy those Larks ran good. My Dad used to love a Studebaker Hawk. He felt it was way ahead of its time. Cool video Royce. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
...PS - what's the diff between a "Moderator" & a "Super Moderator"?
I know you didn't ask me Chris, but FWIW I have no clue and I don't even know how or why I was made such (and I asked). Other than being super active on the forum and most excellent in general that is... :buck:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
LOL Leon.....able to leap tall conflicts in a single bound...
With powers and abilities far beyond those of mere mortal MCnet members...

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I know you didn't ask me Chris, but FWIW I have no clue and I don't even know how or why I was made such (and I asked). Other than being super active on the forum and most excellent in general that is... :buck:
you forgot modest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts