Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This vert is very complete but the body is rough. Has a Cleveland 2V , Auto Trans, console, Tilt wheel, Disc brakes, all glass is good, The top was covered for years ,but as you can see leaves are getting in. The interior is actually pretty good.
These pics should give a good idea of the condition IMG_0762.jpg
I couldn't read the door Tag but will get the Vin#
If I get enough interest for the parts , I will pull her out from the Grave IMG_0758.jpg IMG_0759.jpg IMG_0760.jpg IMG_0761.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Center grille any good?? Are you sure you`ll be able to pull that out w/o it ripping apart??

thanks
pat

p.s. the pass 1/4 panel shot too??

·
Registered
134 Posts
mother earth is doing a good job at reclaiming that one...

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The center grille is intact and straight, but will need new chrome to be really nice.
I don't think any metal down low had a chance of survival ; and yea I was thinking the same thing about this car possibly coming apart when pulled out of it's grave.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
If you can chevk that 1/4 let mmw know and pics of that n the grille.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm interested in the rear window crank handles and the pass grille piece between headlamp bucket and hood, also what do the rear quarter extensions look like?

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think either quarter panel is any good, unless someone needed a patch up towards the top
The rockers moldings are there, but I didn't look at them
All the grille looks useable
Antenna and quarter extentions appeared useable too.
Now I gotta make a deal with the current owner.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I got some good pieces from a 1/4 panel that i can use.If you get the car take pics and lets see how badly it is. I just like to go original rather then aftermarket

thanks
pat

·
Registered
442 Posts
What about side marker lights in front and rear? mine are useable but broken. Sal

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Hopefully you can score it, send the vin to the database too. I may also need the pass rear glass and window mechanism too if the glass isnt loose or fallen apart.

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well guys I am hoping the owner will make a deal, but I have not been able to contact him again as of yet. I will keep trying. Also I have read all PM's and will honor all parts requests in order, will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Thats cool, hope you can score it. I will honor my parts request if you can get the car that is..

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He emailed me and said he will get air in the tires. At least that way I can get her jacked up and put on some good rollers ; then hopefully the brakes are not locked up so I don't have to drag it onto a trailer.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts