Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a listing on craigslist selling some project cars. The seller had several cars for sale with three of them being '68 Mustangs. I called figuring there was a decent prospect for project car for my son. As it turned out the cars were well past their prime but there was one parts car and it had a clutch pedal! I have been looking for a clutch pedal for a swap in my '68 Cougar and prospects have been thin for an original pedal. In the process of taking the assembly out the seller found the pieces for another assembly laying in a crate in the car. The question: The pedals look identical except one has a clip on the end of the shaft and the other a cotter pin. Everything I've read has the clip on a '68 and a pin on the '67. No matter, I'm tickled to get them. If anyone could educate me please do...

The one shaft has a serious groove ground into it. But I guess I can refurb that part. :smoke:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
i think they are both 67, 68 has a curve in it to clear the larger steering collom.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe them both to be '68 pedals but I may be wrong. To clear the column the bend is closer to the top of the pedal. I've looked at quite a few pictures and these look a lot different than the '67 pedals. The thing that's got me stumped is the clip vs. cotter pin. But hey, you have a '67 so I may be way off base...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
now that i think about it. its the brake pedal with the curve in it, not the clutch pedal. brake pedals look like 68.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts