Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vin No 7F93C607733 65bB M 6F 18E 51 1 5.
Last know address in Fresno Cal. Now in Melbourne Australia.
Would love to know if anyone has some history on the car.
Thanks from Aussie.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Vin No 7F93C607733 65bB M 6F 18E 51 1 5.
Last know address in Fresno Cal. Now in Melbourne Australia.
Would love to know if anyone has some history on the car.
Thanks from Aussie.
Does the second line have one or two 'B's'?

4 speed 1967 XR7.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the unofficial Australian Cougar collectors group. There are a number of Cougar owners in Melbourne who are members here.

Is it still LHD or has it been converted?

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Only got 1 "B" but id sure put another one if that made it more interesting..
If the second 'B' was next to the M it would indicate a two tone Cougar, Marroon car with White painted top.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey That's me Terry Grogan,but I'm more interested in an U.S. info. The second B was a typo the car is, and always has been white.
Love to join the unofficial Australian Cougar collectors group so drop me a line Leon.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Terry, from another Melbourne Cougar owner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seem there arn't many of us here in Melbourne, wish I had no taste I go and buy a Mustang and have lots of friends.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Seem there arn't many of us here in Melbourne, wish I had no taste I go and buy a Mustang and have lots of friends.

Probably around 50. If I can find some of the old Cougar Owners Registry newsletters from 90's I should be able to get a better number. The only Boss302 Eliminator in the country used to be in Melbourne but I think it might be in Geelong now

·
Registered
266 Posts
There were a few Cougars for sale in Just Cars last month, and quite a few less for sale this month. If they sold, then there might be a few more Cougar owners in Melbourne than there were in the 90's.

Also, there are a few owners in the Lincoln Mercury Club - http://www.lincolnmercury.com.au/

I have been to one of their events and will probably join the club this year and go to a few more events.

You meet Cougar owners in the strangest places. I parked the car near a park in Romsey. I'd been visiting a friend and took my daughter to the swings. Before I knew it, three generations of a local family were at the park looking at the car - turns out that Grandpa thought he had the only '70 XR7 convertible in Melbourne until he saw mine. Another time I took the same daughter to a model train exhibition in Caulfield. Turns out that I was not the only person asking for a tiny model Cougar - there was a fella there who had two full size Cougars and was looking for a tiny one for his model trains.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts