Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Motor Company confirmed that it will add a Mercury sedan to the vehicles produced at its Torrence ave assembly plant in Chicago for the 2005 model year.Torrence can produce about 300,000 units annually and employs about 2,500.Production will begin in late 2004.Montego will be one of four new Mercury models over the next three years designed to send a message to the public that Mercury is back.The four new Mercurys are the Monterey mini-van this fall,the Montego and a derivative of the compact Ford Escape sport utility coming in late 2004 as 05 models and another sedan late in 2005 as an 06.The Montego name first appeared on a Mercury version of the midsize Ford Torino in 1968.That Montego was available as a two-door coupe,four-door sedan,convertible and station wagon.The new model will be a sedan only.More than 900,000 Montego models were sold in the 60s and 70s.This info is from the Chicago Trib Business section three Feb 12,2003.This is great news for Ford/Mercury fans alike.Only time will tell...

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
but it looked a whole better, IMHO... my mom had one I used to love that car.... even though it only had a 6-banger....

Don

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
are there any pics of the new concept?
thanks
pat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on new models/concept cars

For some photos and more info try www.cars.com.They have a Marauder convertible concept and the 2003 models.www.ford.com has the 03 Detroit auto show.Look under Mercury section for the Messenger then click on the photo.This is just two of the many places to find info on the new models and concepts.This Cougar site is great!Bill,blown73stang460.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I pulled a 351cj out of a 73 GT Montego,,betchya the new ones dont have a cleveland,,,,lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
I love that Ford Motor Company is bringing back the old names. I love the retro looks. The Ford 49 is plain awesome. Too bad the new cars don't last near as long as the old ones did. Hell, the old ones are still holding up very good. Screw new cars, I will stick with the old ones. Old iron is the best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts