Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I will be headed down for the Knotts show in April. Anyone else going?

The theme for this year show is suppose to be the Mercury Cougar and Ford Cobra

I will be driving my 67 Mustang Convertible down. The show is Sunday April 14th. I will be leaving early on Friday so I can swing by Ventura and pick the 70 XR7 Convertible I recently purchased, and drive both back after the show.

I know there is a few mustangers headed down together Friday morning, if anyone wanted to join the pack as we head through your town, might be kind of cool. I know some is coming from as far north as Washington, Sacramento, Bay area, etc. I will be headed out from Fresno.

LMK

·
Registered
102 Posts
TCCN @ Fab Fords

TCCN will be represented at Fabulous Fords Forever by at least two staff members. I'll be there and so will Becci Tomlyn, our new Show Correspondent. You can find us easily, because we will both have our white/aqua '69s (twins!) there. Look us up, we'd love to meet some folks from the Forums.

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'll be driving up.

Several of us from San Diego, Becci, Lou Otte, Roger Gray will be going. The SDCC stays at the Colony Inn 1-800-982-6566 (It's $5 less if you call vs. the "special" on their web site). It'll be the "Cougar Colony Inn" for a day :)

I'll be driving the white 69 428CJ XR-7 convertible. Say "HI!"

BTW Whizco how are you driving BOTH cars back???????

Tim B

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tim,
I've got a special talent and can drive two cars at the same time! hehe!

Seriously, my wife will be going with me, and she will be driving one back.

The mustang forum I belong to is putting together the 3rd annual Cruise-in to knotts Sunday morning. It was huge last year and I will have my 67 Mustang convertible in that, although it's not ready for the Knotts show this year. Next year I'm hoping to have two cars entered.

They also are planning a Ford Cruise (get together) the night before down Beach Blvd. which will be a whole lot of fun! If any of you are going to be around that Saturday, you should join in!

I've got reservation at the Super 8 about a block away from Knotts, as do a bunch of other Ford/Mercury Fanatics. Turning out to be one big car lovers party :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
ill be going there too, i just sent off my registration for the Cougar last week sometime. its not exactly a show car, but who cares? i will be there, and i live like 15 minutes away, so its no big deal with me going there at all. Maybe on Saturday night ill be around there as well. Me + lots of 5.0s around can only spell trouble LOL. think the cops will look the other way for a lil comparitive driving?? he he he

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
What and where is the Cruise on Beach Blvd? I've been going to Fab Fords since 1987, and haven't been aware of any specific get togethers prior to Sunday. I'll be up there Saturday afternoon so that would be fun.

"The 3rd annual Cruise-in to knotts Sunday morning" sounds redundant! I mean it's a 3 hour show of rare FoMoCo metal pouring into the parking lot! After I park my car I take a video camera and tape all the cars coming in.......some really really great cars, some not the least bit street legal coming in under their own power.

BTW sixt9coug, the cops seem to have a HIGH visibility that weekend!!!!! Be careful!

Tim B

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Tim B said:

BTW sixt9coug, the cops seem to have a HIGH visibility that weekend!!!!! Be careful!

Tim B
D'OH!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim, not really certain of exact place and time since this will be my first time participating in all of the extra curricular activities. As far as the cruise-in, it may not be for everyone! The way I see it, you get to meet some new folks that share the same interest as you, and I guess you can say it's a rolling car show on the way to Knotts. But to each his own!

If I get any more info before the show on the Beach Blvd. cruise, I'll pass it along! :)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Doug,

Sorry if I sounded critical. I didn't mean to. Hell, I have enough trouble getting up EARLY and then wiping down and touching up the cat before the show as it is. I couldn't imagine doing anything earlier than 7AM!

Thanks, I'd really like to find out about the Saturday cruise, keep us posted.

Tim B

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim, no reason to apologize, I would probably be doing the same as you if I was showing my car as well.

Soon as I hear something more on the night before, I'll post it on the forum. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'll probably be at the show to look, my cougar might not even be RUNNING by then o_O

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
It just so happens

The So Cal Cougar Club is having our monthly meeting on Saturday the 13th in Cypress, not too far from Knotts. If you out-of-towners want please join us for lunch we meet at 11:30 at the Chilis Restaraunt on Valley View just north of Katella. The more Cougars the merrier!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
SoCal Meeting Before Fab Fords

Thanks for the invite, Garey. I plan to be at the meeting. I'm an SCCC member, so I guess I won't be a guest, but I am bringing a guest. Jim Pinkerton is making one of his rare trips down to southern California for the festivities and he plans to attend the meeting with me, so if any of you would like to meet the owner of Cougar #1 and one of the most knowledgeable Cougar guys I know, the Southern California C/C meeting would be a good place to do it.

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Whizco said:
Tim, not really certain of exact place and time since this will be my first time participating in all of the extra curricular activities. As far as the cruise-in, it may not be for everyone! The way I see it, you get to meet some new folks that share the same interest as you, and I guess you can say it's a rolling car show on the way to Knotts. But to each his own!

If I get any more info before the show on the Beach Blvd. cruise, I'll pass it along! :)

Hey Doug any news on the pre-Fab Fords cruise on Beach Blvd??????

Tim B

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i dont knoe about the cruise, but i am gonna be out in the area that night cruising around a bit. so i may run into a few of you out there. as far as teh meeting in Saturday.... i probably wont be able to make it. im gonna head out to San Bernadino to Memory Lane and try and get some Fairlane parts with a buddy. if i get back early enough, ill be there though. but i kinda doubt it. ill be at the show with a buddy and one of my instructors from school. gonna go to Carrows that morning with a few people for breakfast, then head into the show. ive got to wash teh Cougar today and clean out the interior. remember its a daily driver so i have alot of tools and stuff being hauled around in there. it needs a good scrubbing. ill be there though... i expect a good Cougar turnout this year too he he he

1 - 15 of 15 Posts